Left Eye on Books

Monday, January 23, 2006

Osama's Book Club

William Blum takes an endorsement from Osama Bin Laden in
stride
.

From Blum's end of the conversations, you could tell the reporters were
expecting him to express some kind of discomfort, remorse, maybe even shame.
Blum refused to acknowledge feelings he did not have.
"I was not turned off by such an endorsement," he informed a New York radio station. "I'm not repulsed, and I'm not going to pretend I am." He patiently reiterated the thesis of his foreign-policy critique -- that American interventions abroad create enemies.

On a more serious note, this comment, like the 'My Pet Goat' anecdote from Farenheit 9-11 that he referenced last year, raises serious questions about whether Bin Laden writes his own material, something reporters would learn if they talked to Bruce Lawrence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home